Sunday, April 14, 2013

Stimulation Update

I've been horrible at keeping this blog up to date this round, I know.  Here is the catchup:

I'm on day 9 of the cycle, and day 7 of stimulation.  So far, it looks like I'm going a little lower and slower than the prior cycles, with more follicles to show for it.  In both the prior cycles, we stimmed for 7 days and triggered on the 8th day (with retrieval two days later).  By our Sunday checkup (today, day 7), the tech both times would say they were almost positive that we would trigger the following day.  But today, she wasn't so sure.  It's still feasible, but our follies are growing so nicely and evenly that they may let it go another day.  I don't want to get our hopes up, but it seems we may have some more cooking in there than prior cycles.

My feet were getting a little itchy last night, but I could decide if it was just allergy spring weather, or my progesterone was starting to creep up.  If it is the latter, then we'll end up having to cancel this transfer like last time and wait for the frozen transfer.  Again, I'll be disappointed given the extension in timing, but I do know that frozen transfers work!  We'll know by tomorrow evening what we're dealing with.

No matter what, should be a big week, we just don't know if retrieval will be Wednesday or Thursday.

It is another dreary rainy day here, so T and I have already chopped up some veggies and browned some lamb to make irish stew in the slow cooker.  We threw some parsnips in there, which I really haven't cooked with before, so we'll see if we are fans.   Then I am going to try my hand at preserving lemons, so I have on hand to make a Moroccan chicken in a few weeks.  I'm a little nervous about that, but figure it's worth a shot. Ultimately we plan to be pretty lazy the rest of the day while dinner simmers on its own.  Not a bad way to end the week at all.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->