Monday, October 15, 2012

Trigger Day, Part 2: Revenge of the Progesterone

It truly is always something.

Retrieval is still on for Wednesday.  That in itself is definite cause for for celebration.

However, my progesterone is currently 2.  Apparently, they like it to be below 1 during the cycle (as in basically nil).  Although, I am reading that other clinics like it "below 2", so it appears that I am definitely borderline.  The progesterone is what communicates with the uterus to "be ready" for implantation.  So if it is elevating too early, my lining could be ready too early, and already on the downhill by the time the transfer/implantation would actually occur.  Therefore, it could interfere with a successful implantation.

We won't really know more about what they want to do until Wednesday.  The "Plan B" is to fertilize any retrieved eggs and then freeze them all.  I wouldn't transfer next week, but would rather have to wait a cycle or 2, and then do a frozen embryo transfer.  I will be SO disappointed if that happens, but obviously we want to do what gives us the best chance for success.  The risk is that the embryos don't survive the thawing process and our cycle is over without a chance.

I just feel like this is my worst outcome.  I was ready to be at the end of this path...either due to a success or a failure.  I figured something would happen that would just extend the path without giving a clear sense of how it ends up...and here it is.  Awesome. 

Anyway, please keep us in your prayers, and hope that the doctors do make the best possible decision.  Whatever that might be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->