Tuesday, October 9, 2012

IVF#2 = Cycle 25

I'm a little down in the dumps today.  I'm bruising from my awful Repronex shots (taking 225 IU versus 150IU last time isn't helping), I can already play connect the dots on my stomach from the other injections, I'm starting to bloat enough that it looks like I gained two pounds just in my stomach.  Just from 1.5 days of stimulation.  Our cash flow is very ouchy after paying $10k+ to start off the process last week.  And I figured out today that our IVF is cycle 25 for us.  To be fair, last cycle was on birth control, so it was not really applicable.  But I duitifully record when aunt flo comes to visit, and the nice software turns the number to 25 for me. 

So while it is not quite two years on a calendar basis, we're at two years from a number of cycles perspective.  And a full calendar year with our infertility clinic, whom we first visited on October 3, 2011.  A full year of thinking "professional help" would get us the answer we desired.  Thank goodness we are literally only weeks away from a turning point.  I'm ready for a bit of hibernation from all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->