Thursday, October 18, 2012

No dice

This will be short as I'm still really processing what we have in front of us.

Out of our 9 eggs, 5 were mature, and 3 fertilized.  That is actually the same proportion as last time (33% made it to fertilization).  Actually a better fertilization rate, since less were mature.

Given the overall low amount of fertilized embryos and my elevated progesterone, they cancelled my transfer.  We hope and pray that the three embryos make it until day 5.  They will freeze the good ones on day 5.  Then we hope and pray that the embryos survive the thaw when it is time to transfer.  Given all the rest cycles and suppression and other steps, the transfer would be sometime in January.

So....step 1:  make it to Wednesday with 2-3 embryos intact.  Step 2:  make it to January without having a nervous breakdown.  Step 3:  embryos survive the thaw.  Step 4:  ????????????????


2 comments:

  1. C -- I'm so sorry to hear that your transfer won't be happening -- I know this was worst case scenario for you. I hope you were able to get some peace though in regards to the clinic's freezing process. I will send positive thoughts and prayers to those three embies that they continue to grow, grow, grow until Monday! Thinking of you and always here if you need to talk/vent/etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I vote that step 4 is pregnancy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->