Wednesday, February 22, 2012

no more shots!

So my crazy itchy feet won out, and the doctor switched me to a progesterone gel (versus the progesterone in oil injections). The hope is that not having to deal with the sesame oil allergy will help me get some sleep at night.  My first night last night was already much better (as in I wasn't crying), so I think we're on the right track!  The downside is that the gel goes in my hoo-ha (ick, ick) and it is about twice as expensive as the shots. 

We know have a shelf in our pantry and a shelf in the fridge devoted to more than $1K worth of drugs we didn't use, including the PIO shots and leftover stims.  I guess this is pretty common, and we'll have to figure out what to do with them going forward.  It's illegal to sell them and we can't return them to the pharmacy, but ideally we can ultimately donate them to someone (if we don't do IVF round 2 before their expiration dates).

I've definitely enjoyed my lounging around time, but I'm actually excited to go back to work tomorrow (I will regret saying that, I know).  At least it will get me back into normalcy while we wait on pins and needles for the results.

Not much else to say for now, but T has said he's planning to "guest blog" sometime next week to give the male perspective.  That could either be very funny or very scary, so be sure to check it out.

Have a fantastic week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->