Sunday, February 3, 2013

Six weeks

I'm six weeks pregnant today.  That still doesn't seem right to even type out.  I feel like I'm living in this fake alterna-world right now.  The ultrasound next week will make all the difference in the world, I think, but for now, I'm just trying to "stay cool".  I fail at this occasionally (I believe T would use the word "often"), but I'm really trying to remind myself that I have no reason to actually worry.  I'm getting more nauseous, my boobs still really hurt, my couple days of light brown spotting has stopped.  All should be well.

So with that, I'll concentrate on being pregnant and all that brings, especially the miracles that are apparently happening inside me while I watch the Super Bowl tonight.

The baby is the size of a sweet pea.  It looks something like this:





Isn't that supremely crazy?  Even crazier - the heart is beating.  In that little ole thing.  In this being that could rest on the pad of my little finger if I could hold it.  Craziest?  The baby will TRIPLE in size by next week.  By week's end, the little webbed hands and feet could even be wiggling.  God is a pretty awesome architect.

We had a lovely weekend this past weekend with my parents on Friday night and T's mom on Saturday.  My parents tried to bring up a nonalcoholic wine for me in hopes I wouldn't feel left out as they imbibed with T.  Sorry to say, that crap is icky. Consider me your taste tester, and don't bother - might as well just pour some grape juice in a wine glass.   I'll stick with my water for now.  God willing, I won't be able to partake until fall in a nice glass of wine. 

This week will continue to be a hard one as we continue to wait, but I'll keep on trucking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->