Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Good things!

I got nominated for a blogging award.  Thanks Aislinn!

Since I started this blog for people I know, I'm still fairly new and on the outskirts of the ALI (adoption/loss/infertility) community. Although, now that I've hit all three full throttle, it's exciting to be recognized by a fellow member!

The award is the Super Sweet Blogging Award, which is uber appropriate since I am actually craving cupcakes lately (abnormal for me).



There are some rules I need to follow:


  • Thank the blogger that nominated you (like I wouldn't do that anyway!)
  • Answer 5 super sweet questions (below)
  • Include the super sweet blogging award picture in your post.  That would be those lovely cupcakes above.
  • Nominate 12 other bloggers (I'm going to cheat on this one)
Questions:
Cookies or cake?:  Probably cookies if I had to pick.  Although I'm not much of a baked goods person (see cupcake comment above) and would pick candy and ice cream above all else.
Chocolate or vanilla?:  Caramel.  Which I suppose tastes better over vanilla.  Unless it is in Phish Food.  Then the answer is marshmallow :)
Favorite sweet treat?:  Easily the Chocolate Bag at McCormick & Schmick's, which I've mentioned in a previous post.  For something at home, I'd take a banana popsicle.
When do you crave sweet things the most?:  At work.  Peer pressure and community candy gets you every time.
Sweet nickname?:  This is actually a super easy question.  My husband has called me Sweet C for the majority of our relationship.  It was modeled after Sweet Dee from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but I'll hope it is not because he thought we were similar.

And now the further nominations.  I struggled with this one, as I wanted to nominate people that haven't been nominated (as most of the ALI community members have) and I wanted to branch out beyond the community as we sometimes need other sources of inspiration.  Therefore, there is no way I'll make it to 12, but I think it makes it more meaningful that I really want to point out these special few.

My first nomination is Stormy.  While her blog isn't specific to ALI, her challenges are relevant to all, including not envying others in life and conquering your fears.

Next is Aislinn, my super sweet nominator.  She's been struggling with infertility from the beginning and has helped me learn more about PCOS and its impacts.

Also, BabyDustPls.  I connected to her through online forums, and am excited to be following her through her successful pregnancy.

Egg Timer.  Admittedly, it was a little hard to keep up with this blog as we were on approximately the same schedule with our last pregnancy.  But anytime you can feel the joy felt by a couple based on the words in a blog means a lot.  They just had a fantastic 8w ultrasound and deserve some words of support and congratulations.

I think my font got messed up and not sure what to do about it (damn Blogger), but I really encourage you to check out these blogs as they have great things to say!

And go eat a cupcake.   You deserve it too :)
  




3 comments:

  1. Wow... I am so touched. Thank you so much for the nomination. That means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination lovely lady!! And you absolutely deserved yours as well - you are such a source of inspiration to those of us continuing to fight the battles of infertility. Our struggles can be such a silent battle and you've given us a voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet words! They really mean a lot to me :D

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->